I can't believe it was almost 3 months ago that we had our Flourish Women’s Conference. 3 nights and 2 FULL days of worship, fellowship, and INCREDIBLE women leaders pouring their hearts out. I feel so fortunate to be part of a congregation of women who desire to pursue God’s will for their own life, but also want to empower other women to do the same. One of my favorite things to do is highlight other women and encourage them in their callings, because for so long I desired that for myself. I longed for a female mentor who wanted to best for me and wanted me to succeed. Not someone who was rooting for me to fail because it made them look better. The Bible actually commands this in Titus 2:4-5:
“These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.”
Flourish is fulfilling that command. I saw older women and younger women talking and sharing stories and making divine connections. And I LOVED it!
One of those awesome women is the wildly creative and immensely encouraging, Ashley Leal. She happens to be our latest “Monday Must Haves” contributor. Ashley has been playing in the creative world for several years. With makeup being her longest running passion, she specializes in beauty and has a love for creating flawless skin. She has also created magical window displays and merchandising for Anthropologie, as well as company branding through creative directing and graphic design. Her most recent creative endeavor has been with the Flourish women’s ministry at Covenant Church. Her creative ideas and eye for design really shaped the aesthetic of the Flourish Conference this year. She’s a super busy gal, so her purse is more like a survival bag. Take a look at what she can’t live without:
1. Homemade Thieves Spray – This stuff is amazing. It can be used to numb a sore throat, as hand sanitizer, or even to disinfect your shopping cart. It’s all natural and easy to make. Here’s a link to a step by step tutorial for making Thieves spray at home! You can definitely buy Thieves Spray from YoungLiving but sometimes it’s more economical (and fun) to make your own.
2. Gallery Leather Planner – The perfect size to toss in your bag. Comes in lots of different colors AND you can personalize it!
3. Young Living Lavender Lip Balm– The best for dryness! All natural & smells AMAZING.
4. Areaware Brass Key Ring– Fits right over my wrist when my hands are full!
5. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge – These are the LONGEST wearing lipsticks! Great for those 12 hour days.
7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Finish Powder and Kabuki brush– Perfect for the quick touch up because it can be used as foundation or setting powder. TIME SAVER!!!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed peeking into Ashley’s world and her bag.
Have a great week ladies!!