This is a prayer of declaration:
God spoke these words through the prophet Isaiah in chapter 60.
ARISE.... SHINE....for YOUR LIGHT HAS COME. THE GLORY OF THE LORD HAS RISEN UPON YOU!!
Child of the most High God, you have been noticed! Psalms 33:18 says; Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy.
Lord, our hearts are contrite and humble as we obey your word to RISE!! We are so grateful for your mercy and receive it today as great hope for our future!! We will SHINE like the noon day in our love for you. We forsake all sin and ask you to cleanse our wayward heart. We accept your forgiveness and walk in your righteousness.
Father, this is a new day for me.... I will walk in the GLORY that has risen upon me!! As your child, I receive all you have for me in your name, Jesus!
May we BOW ( Band of Women) together!
Pastor Kathy Hayes
Please keep the following prayer requests lifted up this week:
- Please keep praying for little Virginia Darby. Prayers are working – she is fighting! The fluid is gradually draining off her body and she’s opening her eyes more as the swelling goes down. Pray that her lungs will begin working on their own without the use of the ventilator.
- Pray for Robert Mitchell – long-time friend of Covenant Church who has ministered here over the years. They’ve found a brain tumor on his left front lobe. Pray for healing.
- A co-worker, Cody, recently lost his wife and infant son in a car accident. Pray for comfort and grace for Cody and wisdom as he cares for his other son who is 18 months old.
- Our sister, Annette, needs complete healing from ovarian cancer.
- Our sister, Julie, needs prayer as she travels to be with her father who is undergoing heart surgery. Pray for peace and a good report after surgery.
- Our sister, Jennifer, recently lost her husband to cancer and she herself is fighting cancer. Pray for complete healing and provision for her as she takes care of her three precious kids.
- Our sister, Alicia, needs prayer for wisdom and grace as she navigates through the care of her mother who recently moved in with her.
- Please continue to pray for Pastor Jessye Ruffin’s complete healing.