Father, we are your children, covered by Your NAME. WE HUMBLE OURSELVES under your mighty hand! We humbly ask for your forgiveness. We need your mercy to be poured upon us. Forgive us for all our sins and all our iniquities. Cause us to be able to look full into Your face of forgiveness and grace.
You give grace to the humble and You will resist the proud. We lay down our pride and our prejudices. We repent for our willfulness to continue in our sin. Heavenly Father, wash us and purify our hearts. Create in us a clean heart as David prayed! Don't let us forget where You brought us from. You are our redeemer and only You can transform us!
We accept your forgiveness. We accept your robe of righteousness. We accept your wholeness. We accept the blood of Jesus that completely cleanses us of our sin!
Praying just as you taught us to, we petition Heaven right now: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Lord, we call Your will and Your WAY down here to earth. Teach us to pray with understanding of how things must be done. We desire that the earth represent heaven! In Jesus’ name!
Give us this day our daily bread- the bread that Jesus said he lived by. That we will be sustained by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God! We desire to hear Your voice!
Forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors. We choose today to let go of all the things that we have done to hurt others as well as all the things that have hurt us.
Father, by Your spirit, lead us into Your ways and cause us not to be led into temptation. Deliver us from evil, oh God. We know that Yours is the kingdom and the power. We give you all the glory.
Your Word says in Psalms 133 “behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” We desire that You baptize us with the sweet spirit of unity.
1 Peter 2:9 says…."We are a chosen generation a royal priesthood a holy nation of people who are called to declare your praises.” By Your authority that has been generously given through Your Word, we bind the spirit of division that has endeavored to rule in our nation. We send you back to the dark pit you came from- never to return.
We release the spirit of unity. We release gentleness and long-suffering, bearing with one another in love and endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit, in the bond of peace.
Father, in the name of Jesus, we ask for Your peace that passes our own understanding. May Your peace invade our hearts and pour from Your throne into our homes- down the streets of our neighborhoods. May it fill our schools, flow through our government institutions and transform the lives of the citizens of this nation!
We vow to step into the authority of YOUR PEACE. Through the power of the cross and our relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and King we take the authority You have given Your life to purchase for us. The same authority Jesus used when He awoke in the middle of a raging storm and commanded the wind and the waves to “be still” belongs to US, Your people!
May Your BRIDE AWAKEN in the this raging storm! May we look over the chaos and confusion, and through the power of the Holy Ghost, as joint heirs with Christ- declare…”PEACE! BE STILL!!!”
To the swirling and destructive winds of public opinion, we declare, “PEACE! BE STILL!!”
To the furious waves of injustice and to the tempest that threatens to drag us under- we declare, “PEACE! BE STILL!!”
WE SPEAK PEACE to the selfish and destructive storms of our own making and we SPEAK PEACE to the demonic spiritual interference in times of trial and crisis.
We declare a new day for our nation! A bright future where injustice vanishes in the light of truth! We envision and believe that the best days for THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are ahead of her.
We declare and agree to bless her and call her to bless the world in the days to come. May SHE BE an ambassador of peace to the world.
AS ONE we proclaim these things! In Jesus name, Amen.
May we BOW ( Band of Women) together!
Pastor Kathy Hayes
Please keep the following prayer requests lifted up this week:
- Please keep praying for little Virginia Darby. Prayers are working – she is fighting! Pray that her lungs will begin working on their own without the use of the ventilator and the fluid would drain completely off of her lungs
- Pray for Robert Mitchell – long-time friend of Covenant Church who has ministered here over the years. They’ve found a brain tumor on his left front lobe. Pray for healing.
- A cousin, Greg, who has slipped into a coma with fluid around his heart, he needs complete healing
- An aunt, who is fighting Alzheimer's disease
- A mother, Jimmie, who has C-Diff from medications given for fluid in her lungs needs complete healing
- A friend, Carlton, has received a new kidney needs prayer that his body will not reject the new kidney
- Prayers of comfort & grace for the Ruffin family as they celebrate the life of Pastor Jessye during her home going service
- Our sister, Joyce, needs prayer as she navigates through major decisions in her life
- Our sister, Della, needs complete healing from a total knee replacement
- A son, Torrance, need prayer as he transitions to a new job in Washington D.C.
- Our sister, Fee, needs a good report from a cervical biopsy
- A daughter, Brittany, needs a breakthrough and wisdom at work. Please pray for favor, wisdom and peace
- Pray for Rachael's sister to find a good job