Week of August 15-21
I thank you today for your word that says, " I am strong in the Lord and the power of his might"! I praise you for the gift of empowerment. We can be all that you've designed us to be because "we reign in life with one Christ Jesus.” I'm not on my own, but you have provided me with your full armor.
We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against powers and against the rulers of the darkness of this age; against spiritual hosts in heavenly places. So we will take up the whole armor of God to be able to withstand in the day of temptation. Having done all, I will stand.
I will gird my waist with the BELT OF TRUTH!! (I will be responsible for my sexuality and keep myself pure).
I will put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (keeping my heart right by humbling myself under your mighty hand and repent when I need to).
I will cover my feet with the PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE (planning and purposing my path to create the peace of God in all circumstances).
I will take up the SHIELD OF FAITH with which I have the power to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one. (My faith opens my eyes to the plans of the enemy).
Today I place the HELMET OF SALVATION on my head. (the realization of his amazing keeping power and that I'm under his sovereignty).
I take up the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT - which is the word of God. (I yield my spirit to pray His word and His will and pray in the Holy Ghost). I will be WATCHFUL and pray for all my brothers and sisters in the faith. I will, by your power, open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel for I am your ambassador.
In Jesus name, amen!!
May we BOW ( Band of Women) together!
Pastor Kathy Hayes
Praise Report on Baby Virginia – She is doing great! She is breathing on her own for hours at a time and is on 100% breastmilk now. The family is so thankful for your faithful prayers!
Please keep the following prayer requests lifted up this week:
- Please pray for Janie – she is 26 weeks pregnant with twins girls and one of them is dangerously small. Janie has to be in the hospital until they are born to be monitored. Please pray for the babies to grow properly and for good blood flow through the umbilical cord. Pray for a safe and healthy birth for mom and babies.
- Our sister, Elizabeth, needs prayer for a full time job.
- Our sister, Anabel, is asking for prayer for four children ages 2-14 that witnessed a tragedy and lost both of their parents. Pray for the love of God to always surround them. Pray for peace, grace and guidance for the guardians as they raise the children.
- Our sister, Diane, needs complete healing from high blood pressure.
- A brother, Wayne, needs complete healing from a stroke.
- Our sister, Lenell, needs prayer for her family. Pray guidance and wisdom from the Lord as she navigates through her current situation believing that all things work for good so she will have a mighty testimony that will lead others to Christ.
- Our sister, Stacey, desires to go back to school so she can better support her three children financially. She is also praying for Gods' direction and purpose for her life. As the new school year starts she wants to pray for all the children to be protected by God and to have a wonderfully successful school year.
- A daughter, Julianna, needs prayer for her fever to break and wisdom for the doctors as they try to find the right diagnosis. Pray for complete healing for Julianna.
- A father, Theo, is mourning the lost of his 17 year old son who drowned in a lake. Pray for peace and love to surround this family, that Gods' steadfast love would reign and many would come to know him during this time.
- Our sister, Michelle, needs prayer for her husband who is in jail. Pray for favor with the judge. She also needs prayer for a financial blessings and peace as she starts a new job.
- A son, Jose, was diagnosed with leukemia and has been on life support for 12-24 hours. Pray for a miracle and complete healing in his body and for peace, wisdom and grace to be with his parents during this time.
- A father, Rick, needs prayer as a civil litigation of the murder of his daughter comes to an end. Pray for strength and peace as he relives this tragedy and that the sovereign love of God will completely heal his heart.