Prayer for the Week of May 1-7, 2017
This is the week of "The National Day of Prayer". We will use this chapter in Psalms as a point of agreement for our nation and Kingdom of the Lord.
Psalms 144:1-15 NKJV
“Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle (teach me and our nation to praise you). You Lord are my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me (You know how to create harmony among us). LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him? Man is like a breath; His days are like a passing shadow (I am nothing in light of who you are Lord, but I ask you to…) Bow down Your heavens, O LORD, and come down; Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke. Flash forth lightning and scatter them; Shoot out Your arrows and destroy them. Stretch out Your hand from above; (Lord only you, as our creator have the power to change the direction of our nation and show yourself strong). Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of foreigners, whose mouth speaks lying words, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood (Give our leadership the insight and wisdom to make Godly decisions to preserve your people in all the earth).
I will sing a new song to You, O God; On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You, the One who gives salvation to kings, who delivers David His servant from the deadly sword (Deliver our leaders from death). Rescue me (and our nation); Deliver us from the hand of foreigners, whose mouth speaks lying words, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. Father, cause our sons to be as plants grown up in their youth; That our daughters may be as pillars, sculptured in palace style (preserve our legacy for your kingdom purpose); That our barns may be full, supplying all kinds of produce; That our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields (that our nation can help supply wealth to the world); That our oxen may be well laden; That there be no breaking in or going out; That there be no outcry in our streets (Father, we desire to see all the hopeless in our country to be healed and whole). Happy are the people who are in such a state (the United States of America and the People of the Kingdom). Happy are the people whose God is the LORD!”
We ask all these things according to what Your Word declares; In the Name that is above all names! JESUS!! AMEN!
May we BOW (Band of Women) together!
Pastor Kathy Hayes
Please keep the following prayer requests lifted up this week:
- A mother, Alvie, is requesting prayer for her 3 children. Collin, Cole and Camille. Pray that the Holy Spirit will consume their minds,wills and emotions and that the love of God and his peace will flow so deep in their spirits that the enemy will not be able to penetrate in Jesus name.
- A friend, Virginia, is battling stage 4 lung cancer. Pray for complete healing and that she comes to know Jesus Christ in a deeper way during this journey in Jesus name.
- A friend, April, just lost her baby in childbirth. Pray for the peace of God to surround April and her family during this time.
- A friend, Richard, needs prayer for his heart. Pray for complete healing in Jesus name.
- A cousin, Kristine, needs complete healing from colon and liver cancer in Jesus name.
- A fiancé, Dionte, needs complete healing from a recent burn injury in Jesus name.
- Pray for the Leach family to gain a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and for family unity as they seek the Lord for direction daily.
- A mother, of six Deidre, is currently in hospice with colon cancer. Pray for a miracle for Deidre and Gods peace to surround her and the family during this time.